Fortis Hotels Coronavirus disease Letter
Dear Friends of Fortis,
Fortis Hotels is aware of the growing concern regarding the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and we want to assure all stakeholders that we are taking the necessary precautions. Please know that we are vigilantly monitoring the COVID-19 situation around the clock and have precautions in place to ensure a healthy stay at any of our hotels.
Our purpose “Simply. To take great care of our people.” guides us as we face the difficult challenge of responding to the coronavirus (COVID-19), which the President of South Africa has declared a National Disaster.
Fortis Hotels is committed to maintaining professional hygiene standards and provides continuous training for housekeeping staff to ensure that the group maintains a high standard of cleanliness. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and cover everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and public areas.
Travelling and Conferencing may not be your first thought, but we want you to know the safety of our guests and staff is our top priority, we are monitoring developments, reviewing our protocols, and preparing for appropriate actions as the situation evolves.
WHAT we are doing, keeping your safety top of mind.
- We have also installed hand sanitizer dispensers in our Public Areas, Restaurants and Lounges and Hotel Receptions
- High Touch areas of the Hotel Facility have been treated with SDST90 which is a long- lasting antimicrobial surface coating.
- Staff Training on how to protect themselves against the virus and basic health hygiene.
- Our Kitchens complies with the international Q-Pro Standards and are inspected on a regular basis for hygiene.
- High Touch areas are cleaned every hour e.g. door handles, lifts, handrails
- We have displayed a notice on Covid 19 at reception and in the staff and GUEST bathrooms for information
- We are sanitising tables during each conference interval (tea and lunch breaks)
- Spacing out the Lunch breaks between each group that is conferencing to ensure smaller numbers at a time
- Refreshing and Cleaning of the buffet area after each group conferencing
- Seating arrangements to make provision for space of 1m between delegates
- Heat cleaning of cutlery, crockery and glassware
- Providing hand sanitizers at the training/ conferencing venues
Our cancellation policy:
We are updating cancellation policy to reflect the most recent developments related to the COVID-19 and to offer our guests as much flexibility and planning comfort as possible.
- We allow free cancellations for all existing and new reservations for stays until April 15th, 2020.
- Please note that any amendments to existing reservations will be subject to availability and possible rate difference
- Guests who booked via online travel agents or third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies
- For reservations with stays after April 15, 2020, our normal cancellation Policy applies
Business Groups and Meeting & Events:
- We allow free cancellations for Conferences and Accommodation booked, only during the affected time period.
- In all other instances, our hotel teams will work directly with you to evaluate changes needed on a case-by-case basis.
If you need to adjust or cancel a reservation, please contact the hotel directly, our CRO office on 087 980 5169 within 48 hours of your planned function or contact your travel agent if you booked through an external service partner.
Our commitment to our loyalty program members:
As COVID-19 affects travel plans around the world, we believe our Fortis Bucks members deserve to use the points that they have acquired and should not be penalized due to circumstances out of their control. As a result, Fortis Hotels is extending its point expiration policy by 3 months, effective April 1, 2020.
If you are not already aware, please keep the following basic protective measures against the coronavirus in mind:
- Wash your hands frequently – regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
- Maintain social distancing – maintain at least one-metre distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice respiratory hygiene – covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.